Dear club members,
We have again had a great response from riders with all 1300 places available to the public taken & a full waiting list.
It takes an increasing number of volunteers to run HONC but the event generates substantial revenues for WCC & Cheltenham & County CC as well as allowing us to make donations to a wide range of local & national organisations like The County Air Ambulance, The British Heart Foundation, Conservators of Cleeve Common.
CC-CC traditionally provides on course marshals on the day & sign “their half” of the route.
WCC do the following for which we need volunteers:-
- Preparation of Rider Packs well before the event
- Car Parking from 07.00hr at the start
- Registration from 07.30hr at the start
- Sign off –after the event
- Catering at Guiting Village Hall rest stop from 09.00hr
- Marshalling at Guiting Village Hall rest stop from 10.00hr
- Marshalling road junctions at the start in Winchcombe (you can do this & ride the event).
- Riding marshals for 100 & 50 K route.
- Signing bridleways with Advance Notice signs approx. 6weeks before the event.
- Signing route in week before the event.
- Clear up after the event.
- Selling T shirts during the day.
- Rider recovery.
We have always had great support from club members & would like to know as soon as possible whether you can help on the day or before and if so in which area/s would you prefer to help?
We have already had a number of offers but do need more. If you can help can you please initially email a response to this address or alternatively give me a call on 07760282140.
Could you please reply before 28th Feb.
we have emailed club members within the last week with details of club entry. This is a private facility – please do not circulate details of this to anyone who is not a club member!
Riding marshals (including those who marshal a road junction at the start) still need to apply to enter the event. Club members, who may for example, be riding for the first time and don’t want the complication of a marshalling role will need to pay the normal adult or junior entry fee.
Many thanks in advance